Shares 17

We all know how frequently people use Instagram, especially girls. From posing for selfies and duck faces to group shots of them out with their friends looking sexy, the social-sharing app is one of the most popular self-indulged things on the planet. But, hey, we’re all guilty of seeing how much engagement a picture of avocado toast gets.

However, as we pointed out last week with some guys, Instagram has turned into a breeding ground for people to do more than just post pics and videos or search for interesting places around town. In fact, some people, both guys and girls, are using it to slide into DMs to help land dates, follow or like random girls’ stuff for attention and even to pay for sex!

How do we know this to be true? Because we conducted a unique study and actually had people tell us so.

Asking girls between the ages of 18-35 to tell us about their sexual habits on Instagram, we found some interesting information. Since we think it’s pretty cool, take a look at some of the results below of what we found.

Lots of girls love Instagram

In fact, that’s a bit of an understatement. Based off of our study, we found that only 7 percent of girls didn’t use the social-sharing app, compared to 19 percent of guys admitting to doing the same.

Why girls use Instagram so much

As mentioned earlier, Instagram is the one place where it’s actually encouraged to be a little bit self-indulgent, looking for likes and comments from people on your own pictures and videos about your life. But is that virtual, social acceptance the real reason why girls use Instagram so frequently?

Based off of our research, here are some of the main reasons why girls use Instagram.

  • 20 percent of either sex to make their life look good
  • 50 perecnt use it because they love photography
  • 12 percent of girls use it for business (double the number for men)
  • 35 percent of women use it to keep up with celebs or public figures, which is significantly lower than the 60 percent of guys who do the same
  • 42 percent of women use it to look for videos and/or pics to masturbate to
  • Although zero percent of girls in our study said they use it for dating, 23% of girls have dated people they met on Instagram. Only 14% of guys did the same.

Is Instagram porn for girls?

The simple answer? Hell yes it is! Based off of the study results, 65 percent of women said they masturbate while browsing Instagram. Here’s the thing, only 50 percent of men said they did the same, meaning girls are using the app more for personal pleasure than guys.

The study also showed that 14 percent of women masturbate to their friends’ photos, and an equal split of guys and girls (28 percent), masturbate to celebrity or public figures, with most being pornstars or cam guys/girls.

What else are girls doing on Instagram?

While guys admitted to using Instagram to hunt down a hot girl to try and land a date or hook up with, girls aren’t as forthcoming. In fact, in typical girl fashion, they tend to shy away from going to such lengths. That said, that doesn’t mean they don’t expect guys to try hitting them up.

Based off of our study results, here are some key findings about girls’ Instagram habits when it comes to what (and why) they’re posting the things they do, along with expectations after doing so.

  • 45 percent of girls post sexy pics on Instagram
  • The motive behind posting sexier pictures? Attention, with the a number of various reasons for doing so.
    • 23 percent want more followers
    • 23 percent like attention
    • 23 percent are or want to be models
    • 30 percent say it’s empowering
    • 8 percent are trying to get the attention of one specific guy
  • 54 percent think men masturbate to their photos, while the remaining 46 percent don’t think guys do
  • A shocking 2 in 5 women in our survey said they’ve been offered money for sex on Instagram, with 9% of those saying they have accepted an offer at some point.
  • only one in twenty girls of the 45 percent who have been offered money for nude pics have accepted
  • Lastly, while 7 percent of guys use Instagram for dating, compared to zero percent of girls, 23 percent of women have accepted a date from someone on Instagram, so keep on hustling, fellas

Now that you know how our study showed guys and girls use Instagram for dating, sex, porn and other random things, can you relate? Do you find that you or your friends are doing the same as the people in our survey? If nothing else, it shows that the digital world is alive and well when it comes to trying to communicate with the opposite sex, which has sort of become the new normal.

Shares 17